Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Reflections

Some of my favorite tools are Google Docs and Google Reader because they are going to help me keep organized. Also, the Digital Story Telling was a very challenging and powerful tool. I am actually planning in using this video and the book that I used to create it; they are going to love seeing the digital version in small groups after reading in whole group.

I think is great how “11 Tools” stimulates teachers’ flexibility and drives us to learn how to take advantage of technological developments to facilitate education. This task has allowed me to understand that as teacher I have the responsibility of going beyond the traditional model of education, beyond the classroom and the mechanical learning.

I am sure that the use of this technology in the classroom will be very well received by the children and the learning process is going to be a lot of fun.
Today’s children must be educated with the skills and technological culture that they are going to need for the future. That’s why they need to be experts in the use of new technologies; they need new knowledge, their activities need to be promoted through innovation and technological skills. We, as teachers and parents need to stimulate them based on an education that goes beyond the school.

I am positively surprised for such a great training. I thought it was going to be something less challenging; but through all these hours I had been able to learn more than I expected. This training has allowed me to use the WEB technology 2.0. It was very well designed and full of good information to help me learn and create innovating ways to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment